Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 11, 2013

Life Story Project-OWN Canada


 I recently had the pleasure to attend the viewing party for the Life Story Project with the OWN Ambassadors at Corus Entertainment in Toronto Ontario. My first thought after watching the episodes were wow, they have a hit here, can't wait for next week! The concept of the show allows people to share their stories with two open and compassionate hosts Andrea Syrtash & Dale Curd. The premise for the show is, a big purple couch set in the city. Random people will come by or be asked to sit and tell their stories. Even though it was the city, the setting felt intimate and safe. It was evident the guests felt comfortable, Andrea, and Dale really connected with their guests and offered such a courageous "space". 

Some of the moments that captivated me were, the lady who lost her husband to cancer, what a beautiful love story. Or the couple who granted their son's last dying wish and allowed him to have a dog, and the people who found love or lost love. They are all true stories told by the people who lived the life. True Stories, real people with raw emotions. I resonated with several of the stories, it brought the real in reality.

As a Life Coach, I look at people and wonder about their stories, I guess it is my love for asking questions and being curious. Have you ever looked at the person next to you and thought, "I wonder what their life experiences are"? Life Story Project is a great social experiment that shows just what you can learn by being there and being present.

I was asked if I would ever sit on the purple couch and share my stories, and my answer would be a definite yes, how about you!?  

The Life Story Project airs Wednesday night at 9:00 pm on the OWN Canada Network. Be sure to watch! For more info check out Facebook 


Thanks for stopping by...

Shelley


No comments:

Post a Comment