Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 29, 2012

ME, MYSELF AND GOD


As I sit and write, a few things come to mind, do I share or go through the process privately. I've decided to share with you because I am very excited to be in this place. What is this place you maybe wondering, it's a beautiful place that is peaceful, serene, and full of love, the place is my heart. With reflection, love, peace, and gratitude I've gotten to a great place in my life.

But it wasn't always like that, for 25 years I've been working in an industry that hurt my soul. Piece by piece, day by day I was deteriorating. Although I met some incredible people, it wasn't where I was suppose to be. Through it all I still woke up each day, put on my happy face and went to work. After work I would come home, take care of my family and so on. I was always sad, mad, angry, or just plain tired. Growing up with hardships created so much sadness, and disappointment in my life. 

However, things started to change....Back in May I went off work to have surgery. While I was off my work closed, and I was permanently laid off. Most people would be devastated, but I was absolutely thrilled. Thankfully my co-workers were able to re-locate and keep their jobs, but I was given an option. I prayed so hard for that outcome. It was risky but I knew God was clearing my path. Since being home the past several months great things are happening. I don't mean material or monetarily but within myself. 

I heard about people being Christian's or being spiritual and I never knew what it meant. I wanted to get in touch with myself so I started reading, and asking questions. What really helped me through my process was reading "Produced By Faith" by Devon Franklin, and I have to say if you are ever at a crossroads in your life, this book will help you sort it out. It did me! One of the biggest take away's from Devon's book was to listen to the signs God was/is giving me. By listening to the signs, I know I'm on the right path because he has guided me here.

Almost 2 years ago my husband became a Christian I was confused. I was like, what does that mean for us? I wasn't sure if he would become someone I didn't know. We were on two totally different pages, and I couldn't understand what was happening to him. But over the past couple of years I've seen how it affected his life in such a positive way. He has always been such a great person, now, he is that much better. One of the things I admire about Kevin is not comprising his Christian principals, and stands firm with his beliefs.

Listening to Kevin's family, I would often hear them talk about their faith, and I could never truly understand. I respect their faith but wanted to know more. Over the past year I would ask my husband, what does being a Christian mean and what does it feel like to be a Christian. I was not being ignorant, I was trying to open my heart and embrace the lord, I just didn't know how. After my husband described how he felt, and what it all meant, I wanted to feel it to, but knew I had to go at my own pace. I didn't think I could even go there, but opening my heart has allowed so many opportunities.

I started praying everyday for the last couple of months, and good things started happening. Over the past several months, I have gotten to such a great place. I am at peace with myself, I am happier then I've ever been, and I am content in my life. I've been having moments of joy, and unexplainable happiness. I now know that all of the hardships I endured were lessons from God. You have to go through all these things in life to build your wisdom, without your wisdom who are you? I look back and completely understand it all now. My calling is to be of service to people, and if I didn't go through everything, what could I offer. With my wisdom and knowledge I can help so many people. I look at it all as a gift.

My dream has always been to create a "Safe House". I envisioned it since I was a child, it was always a safe place for families to go to for support, refuge, crisis, sports, wellness, resources etc...In my vision I always seen the facility surrounded by alot of greenery, fresh smelling air, pretty flowers, and lots of trees. To know this vision is happening is crazy. Not only will my vision be a reality, it will be exactly where I dreamt it to be...Newfoundland. Within the next year or two, I will be transitioning to Newfoundland and help build a recreational center. How crazy exciting is that! 

So in closing, people have asked, well how does being a Christian change you...My answer is simple, I am still Shelley, I am still funny, but now I believe in God, and love what the Lord has done for me. I have a happy heart, I am at peace, and in touch with myself. Having the lord in my life makes me a better person. This is all new to me, and I embrace all of my future learnings.

I also wanted to share with you, I had two vivid dreams/visions this past week. It was dreams of Jesus welcoming me with a prayer, his hands were stretched out, and offered his presence in my life. I looked up Dream Definitions because nothing like this has happened before, and it was interesting what I read. It all resonated so much: 


To see Jesus in your dream, foretells that your greatest desires and goals will be realized. This dream serves to console and strengthen you in your times of adversity, hardship and struggle. You will rise above any situation and circumstance and become victorious.
To dream that Jesus speaks to you or that you are praying with Him, signifies that you will be blessed with true peace of mind, joy and contentment.

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to read Me, Myself, and God...

Much Love,
Shelley







No comments:

Post a Comment