Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 21, 2012

READY...SET...PAUSE


So often decisions are made with not much thought going into them, sometimes those decisions are hasty decisions, sometimes you spend to much time over thinking, and over analyzing your decisions.  Then possibly you regret the decisions you made. I am guilty at times for making quick decisions, and then regretting them later. We probably all have done that from time to time. Recently I learned a valuable lesson about pausing, my head was spinning and I could not come up with a decision. I've been going to Newfoundland for the past 8 years and have wanted to live there ever since, it's where my heart is. But I always said I will wait until my older kids are in college and then we will move. My son is 18 yrs old and in his first year of college, and my daughter is 16 yrs old and in grade 11.

With recent circumstances happening, we have the opportunity to move to Newfoundland in November. My husband's work location is closing down, and all of the work is being moved to the U.S. His company has a location in Vaughan Ontario, and has offered him a position there, not sure what he will be doing, but the transfer is there if he wants.

When my husband called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me this news, at first I was so excited, I could hardly contain myself, I was like yes I want to go. I said to my husband don't say anything as yet, we will talk about it tonight, but yes I want to go. I started a mental checklist, and said okay let me talk to Ryan and Brianna and get their feel on it. When I talked to my kids about the possibility of me moving there, my son said if it makes you happy, and my daughter was very upset. Neither one would move there with me. They were born and raised in Ontario, and this is where they want to stay. 

When my husband posed the question to me, I thought I have to talk to a few people that are helping me with my business. My best and longest friend Jody, my school friend Connie, and my friend/mentor/colleague Jan are all helping me get to the next level with my business. I owe it to them. I instantly sent an email off to Jody and explained that I was going to move, emailed Connie, and phoned Jan.

So as the day went on, it started shifting a little bit for me, and then all of a sudden I was like Whoaaa slow down Shelley, you can't just pick up and move well over 2000 km's without a plan. I then turned to the OWN Ambassadors for some insight, and advice, which they gave so lovingly. The biggest take away was to PAUSE. Then I started thinking, well wait my husbands work wasn't looking for an answer right away, so why do I feel the need to decide so quickly. 

With a move to Newfoundland I will be affecting alot of people and plans, so I have to be patient until it feels right. Each day my husband would ask, and I said I am not prepared to answer, when I do, you will be the first to know (Obviously). He was leaving the decision up to me, one I am not comfortable with. If it was up to him, he would be gone, but he respects my decisions. I began the homework a couple of weeks ago, I weighed the pro's vs con's, and did some self perspective coaching. I also spoke with a few individuals who helped me walk through the decision without passing judgement.

My dream has always been to have a "Safe House" for families to go to as a place of refuge, resource, support and wellness. I have the abilities in the near future in Newfoundland, very excited about it, but it is at the very beginning stages, and they are not quite ready for me as yet. Here in Ontario, there are alot of exciting things happening with the ladies I mentioned above. If I left now, it would be such a disservice to them because they have been so accommodating, helpful, resourceful and spent alot of their time helping me get to the next level with my business. 

Since May, I've been home, and one of the areas in my life I wanted to work on is the ability to connect with my soul. Over this latest decision, I dug deep and really searched my heart and soul. What kept coming up for me was, it's not quite the right time. If you ever have a feeling, whisper, or a sixth sense, you need to listen to it, do not ignore it. You are born with that gift, listen to it when you feel it, it will not steer you wrong.

If great things happen in Ontario, and my business takes off, I will have to make another decision that will be made with a long PAUSE in between. Do I stay or do I go? To Be Continued....

Think about this question.....Do you make your decisions quickly? Or do you take time to think about your decisions?

This was a great lesson learned. Pausing really is a beautiful thing!

Much Love,
Shelley



No comments:

Post a Comment