Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 18, 2012

OWN Ambassadors: Christmas Gift for Oprah

OWN Ambassadors: Christmas Gift for Oprah
Oprah shares so much with the world through her inspirational programming on OWN, O Magazine, and her many acts of service and volunteerism. She is the epitome of compassionate giving and as a Christmas gift for Oprah and a tribute for all of the love she shares with the world, we invite all OWN Ambassadors to engage in a random act of kindness, giving, service, or volunteerism as your #ChristmasgiftforOprah.

Some examples might include: volunteering; buying a coffee for a stranger; donating clothing, books and household items to a shelter; holding a door open; leaving a surprise tip for a waiter/waitress; making a donation to charity; or dedicating one specific of the many acts of volunteerism, service, and kindness you already do in your lives (in your community and internationally), as a Christmas gift to Oprah. We know that times are tough, so please note your gift of service does not have to cost you a single dollar. It can be an act of kindness, a smile, volunteering, etc. Giving love and being a spark of light is everything.

Please tweet about the acts of service or volunteering you did in honor of Oprah for Christmas with the hashtag: #ChristmasgiftforOprah - we will keep the love going throughout the month!

The amazing thing about this gift for Oprah is that we are using our lives in service and following her example, sharing tangible ways of how her life and message have inspired us to be of service this holiday season.

We hope you will join us.

Here we go!

Hashtag: #ChristmasgiftforOprah
My Gift, Inspired By Oprah 
I recently dropped off a van full of donations to the Women's Shelter down the road. I've been telling my little one the importance of giving. When we arrived, Jessica (Case Worker) invited us in, and as I walked in, I seen 3 small children who appeared to be brothers and sister. There eyes lit up and there smiles were huge, especially when they seen all the toys. When Jessica went in the office to grab the Managers business card, I started to get very emotional. Whenever I've had stuff in the past I would take it to Goodwill, or Value Village, which is great, but going forward I decided I will be giving everything to the shelters. They were so appreciative, I could not believe how good it felt, not only for me, for my husband who was quite emotional, but even Kayla. When we left Kayla said Mommy I want to go home and bring back some of my special toys to give them. I want to give the little girl my special baby and some more toys. A couple of days ago, I could not even begin to go through the toys in front of Kayla. The other day was a testimony of how important it is to teach our children young. They get it! Wow my heart is overflowing.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment