Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 11, 2012

Living Life on Purpose

Living Life on Purpose....

I know listening to my heart is as authentic as it's going to get and I know my heart will not steer me wrong.  But what if my heart and reality are so far apart, how can I guide them so I'm able to live my life on purpose?

I am currently in a situation where I will be home for the next few months, and many thoughts are running through my head. Four years ago, I began my journey and became a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach.  I knew from as young as I can remember that I always wanted to empower people and assist them with living their best life. Although I have been doing this even as young as a child, I wanted to do this for a living, it is my passion and it is my calling.

But what happens when you are stuck in the corporate world, and you know your not suppose to be there. I have been in the corporate world my entire career (25 years), and although I've had some wonderful experiences and met some wonderful people, it is not where my heart is. Like everyone else I have bills to pay, a mortgage, daycare etc etc...so what can I do to live my life on purpose?

So I started thinking, I have a few months to make my dreams a reality, my first thought is, this is risky, you are putting alot on the line. Then I started thinking well safe people stay in status quo, it is the people who take risks who become successful and get what they want, through risk, you find success. What I want is to be a source of support for women and teens, I want to provide resources, and most of all I want to empower them to live their best life. I wake up each day and think how can I make even one person's day that much better.

My goal is to be successfully self employed, & living the dream with passion!

Here is my homework
  • Is list what I am good at
  • What I am gifted with
  • Make note of who inspires me and why, 
  • Dig deep from my childhood to see what made me happy
  • Ask myself "What If"
  • Look at what interests me
These are just a few items that came to mind, just wanted to touch base with everyone, and ask you, are you living your life on purpose? If not, are you prepared to ask yourself why?

Take the point forms above and look at them deeply within your life, see what comes up for you...

Would love to hear...

Shelley xox

Cherish your dreams. Follow your passions. They are the guiding hands of your heart ~ Flavia

No comments:

Post a Comment